Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mercer Mayer Would Have Been Proud

The setting:  dinner table, crowded to the elbows with kids and paternal grandparents

The menu:  pull-out-whatever-veggies-we-have-left-in-the-fridge-and-chop-them-up salad,  BBQ'D deer steaks from Bigguy's hunt this winter,  and mashed potatoes.

The history:  Mimi doesn't usually eat seconds, in fact,we're lucky if she finishes the firsts.  

So, call me surprised when she asks for...more salad!!!  Um..what??!  OK!  

When she finished everything on her plate, I turned to Will and mentioned my surprise.  Even Gramma noticed, and said to Mimi "wow!  You ate ALL your supper!  You even had two helpings! !"

Mimi:  nuh uh, Gramma,  I ate my supper all by myself!"

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Deer steak sounds delicious! Deer meat is actually my favorite meat right now. We have it in stir fry, spaghettii, and sandwiches but we've never had deer steak. What do you season yours with?