Friday, April 1, 2011

On the Road Again

Sad. March came and went without even ONE blog post from yours truly! oops. I'm pretty sure April's going to take a close second... so here's one, at least.

School rocks- especially the three days I'm in the clinical setting actually "BEING" a nurse. LOVE that part. I've secured a job for when school this semester is done, doing the same thing as I do in clinical, but here, in Motown. That's going to be a different step for me-- having a boss over the age of 2 isn't something that I've had since I was, like 20. ug.

But for now and the next three weeks (ish), it's finals time...papers and presentations and essays and exams, oh my.

We've spent lots of time just hanging on weekends with the kids when we have them, and this weekend, Will and I are headed to Utah. Out of all the US states I've been to (which is 18 so far), I love Utah best. It's going to be a bit of a rushed trip, seeing how we have to be back Sunday night and return to the monotony of parenting and work and school and blah blah... but still, that makes it fun too... Sleeping in the car or sleeping in a Walmart parking lot... eating at, you guessed it, Famous Dave's whenever possible, and just chilling. When you're stuck in a car for days at a time with your spouse, it's inevitable to bond in ways that don't happen when you have kids underfoot all the time. The conversations, the discoveries, and the memories are too priceless. I'm so excited.

3 comments:

henline crew said...

have fun! I am totally jealous!

Amanda said...

Next time skip sleeping in the Walmart parking lot and come stay at our house!!!! Consider it a standing invitation.

Debbi said...

Thanks, Amanda!!