Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May Yay or Nay Day

Yay!! I have started running again, seeing as I can't use full-time school as an excuse anymore. And isn't that what laziness is: just a series of excuses!? So, I started a marathon-training program again, using Hal Higdon again. This weekend, I had to work on Saturday, so I skipped the long run, and did it on the Monday (holiday). Taylor and LL went with me-- Taylor ran, and LL went on her bike. My love, Will, drove us down the highway, dropped us off, and we ran the NINE *point* FIVE kilometres home! YAY!!! I also learned that my front door is EXACTLY 10 kms away from the nearest town outside of "Mo". I am afraid of a few weeks from now, when I'll actually use that town as a HALF WAY mark! For the record..I believe entire towns should not be used as markers when running!!! ESPECIALLY when you live in hick-ville, and the towns aren't joined back to back like they are in big metropolises. (Metropolii? Metropoluses? Whatev.)

Nay that, because I only ran one direction (TOWARDS home) the sun was only shining on HALF of my body, and I now have a tan only on my right side. Loser.

Yay that today, I can actually walk. And Yay that I can actually sit myself down on the toilet without needing Will to help! (you who have run long distances or exercised really hard know that sitting on the toilet for the next few days is the HARDEST part of recovery! lol) Soon, Yay to ditching my it's-just-that-time-of-the-month,-okay? jeans and fitting into my skinny jeans. And by skinny jeans, I don't mean jeans that ONLY 13-year old bodies look semi-acceptable in: I mean, those jeans that are my skinny-self jeans.

Nay AND Yay that I have enough pairs of pants to actually have categories of them based on what the scale reads. Don't judge.

SUPER Nay that my scale is a WHOPPING 10 lbs different than my mother-in-law's new scale. (which, might I add... I gave to her for mother's day. I can't decide if appliances or bathroom scales are tackier to give to a woman. lol *she actually asked for one, so it's totally acceptable*) Um. I'm going to go with the whole idea that her scale just doesn't KNOW me, and doesn't account for...um..my long hair and extremely muscular self. My scale= the older and wiser one, the one ten pounds lighter, is much more accurate. yah. That's it. Older and accurate. Raaaiiiggghhhtt.

Yay to hot Mother's Day shoes. I bought a few new dresses with Will a month ago or so from Modest is Hottest, and wanted to find shoes to match both. Tricky, when they're TOTALLY different dresses. One is coral, one is purple. Two colours I seriously would have NEVER thought I'd wear.

So, when we went down to Utah to pick up THE BUG, we found these:
They became my Mother's Day present. When you're wearing sexy shoes, THIS is when being a Mom is the best! :P

Yay for Grace's 11th birthday yesterday. Amazing what a year ago to now brings-- What a doll.

Yay for a great weekend with ALL the seven kids. Nay that, until our vacation this summer, we will not be all together on the weekends again. Yay for an impromptu photo shoot just 2 minutes outside of Motown, where we HONESTLY outran the thunderstorm in the van and took the pictures JUST before the rain caught up.

Nay for the rainstorm. Although it's watering our recently planted garden (yay), it's also watering our not-so-recently built basement and food storage room. YAY for Rubbermaid containers that are keeping everything safe and dry...so far. Nay for the morons who built this house and put the flashings on inside out and backwards, I'm sure. How ELSE could rain literally come THROUGH a wall?! **Grumble** Oh, and when Bear came into my room to tell me the bathroom vent is leaking water through the roof last night, that was the best part of my day. yup.

And I can't decide if Will's suggestion to just finish the previously-began renos on this house and buy a NEW one that doesn't have allllll these issues is a Yay or a Nay, seeing how much we've put INTO this house now, and how I loathe moving.

And Nay that the weather forecast calls for rain allllll week-- meaning me and the treadmill have to be reacquainted. And sadder yet-- I have no good TV shows on the PVR to catch up on while I endure miles and miles of stationary running. :(

Nay that rain all week ALSO means flooding all week. Which means no one can shower, as all the towels will be mopping up the storage room. Or in the wash to be dried to be used again.

Nay for a washing machine that is on the fritz. It won't be long before we will likely have to replace it with something FAR MORE expensive superior. And red. Cuz red appliances are hot. Clean clothes are so overrated anyways. On the 'brighter' side... Yay that both Will and I have employment right now. You know, for buying washing machines and towels.

....and hot shoes. Clearly.
Let's be honest here.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Love the new dress and shoes that go with it!!

YAY for red washing machines. lol. We were forced to get one when our one and only for the past 25 years gave up the ghost.


P.S. Good for you for running 9.5 km on your first run back! Wow. Don't know how you do it. I'm still at the 5.5 mile mark every day. Would die if I went any further. I guess I'm just way too old. ; D