Monday, May 30, 2011

Not Me Monday- May


It's Monday. And it's NOT time to elaborate on the things I DID NOT do recently.

First off, I did NOT dust off the lawn mower (since it finally stopped raining) and started to tend to the front lawn. At which time, the loveable and annoyingly cute five-year old twosome (Mimi and her cousin/best friend, Lady-Ah) did NOT stop me for what was OBVIOUSLY the mostimportantquestionever!!!
"Maaaawwwm, do you know where my SUPER AWESOME favouritest Webkinz is?". yah. And the TOTALLY rockin' of a mother that I am, after giving them the 'all-knowing' answer of,"um, last I checked, I didn't play with your Webkinz so I have no IDEA where you left it", I proceeded to restart the mower. Only, I didn't. I mean, I TRIED.... but said mower was having none of it. SO, I did NOT possibly audibly curse the friggen machine (which, in Motown, cursing is NOT totally frowned upon) for leaving HALF of my lawn in array. No, I totally LOVE being not only white-trash, but HALF white trash. LIke, seriously, who can't even be FULL white trash? Sad. I can't decide if having weeds grass longer than Grandpa's nose-hairs was more, or LESS, white trash than only having HALF of my lawn like that. Yep. Totally NOT annoyed.
(can you see the LINE in the grass? Yah, that one...RIGHT THROUGH my front yard. Classy)

And, for my own boasting record-keeping, I got Will to drive me out 11 kilometers (kms) from town again this morning on his way to work. And I ran home. Only, it was NOT semi-spitting rain, and so I didn't have to worry about tanning only half of my face again. When I got home, my curiosity killed me, and I did NOT re-clock the kms justtocheck. Turns out, Will's speedometer is as dependable as my scale, and I did NOT run 12 kms instead!! ( Poobs, that's 7.5 miles for you... btw, happy holiday all you Americans). I am sooo excited that my scale, which I have TOTALLY decided is NOT broken, is moving to the left...albeit slightly. Whatever. I'll totally take it.

And this weekend I did NOT feel completely proud and out of place to attend Bigguy's highschool graduation ceremony. Um yah. Didn't I graduate, like, last week myself?! As if I'm NOT old enough to have a child graduating!?!? Nonetheless, he's NOT cuter than a hiccup.

It was nice that they had a few songs at the beginning of the dance for the parents to dance with their graduate, and so, I did NOT get a chance (after his mother, rightfully so) to dance with him. Awwwww.

And Em did NOT have a singing recital (which she aced, naturally), and LL's DECADE birthday is NOT tomorrow. I do NOT feel old.

Oh. And as if I do NOT think I should buy stocks in Salmon, because, lemmetellya, smoked salmon has GOT TO BE the best food ever. Yah. I am NOT lovin' its cheapness at the local grocers. That, and my Spicy Thai Chili Tuna.

No comments: