Thursday, February 10, 2011

Glass Houses

Another student quit and has dropped out of the program. She was one of the four I have serious problems with in regards to becoming a nurse. Nothing inherently wrong with the person herself, but this is where my pride gets me:

I have geared my whole life to becoming a nurse. I have watched nurses from the very start, learned from them whenever possible, have seen what nurses are. What they do. How they act.

I have top grades in all my courses. And, part of me being a good nurse is also being a good observer of persons. An ability to look at someone and see not only underlying qualities but elusive characteristics physically and emotionally that people possess.

I vehemently admit my judgey observations when I say that this person did not have what it takes. Good person, great artist, but a bad nurse.

The unfortunate part of this whole post is that by me saying such, it makes ME a bad nurse too.

No comments: