Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Second-Hand

I realized last night (AGAIN!) not to ask questions I may not like the answers to. I wasn't upset that he answered them, or even how... at least he was honest.

But I know I will never be Will's "first". Not his first love, first wife (these things I knew when I married him). But there doesn't seem to be any compliment or observation about him that a different wife of his hasn't already said or done.

In my pathetic realization (read: wallowing beside him in bed with my best POUTY face) and I told him my insecurities, he tried to reassure me by stating that in the very near future I will be the only one sealed to him. The only problem is that, even then, I am still not the first. What can I do that will make ME the first?!

My instant answer: Making it TO eternity suffices me pretty well, I'd say.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

That's what I was going to say.

You will be the first to be the LAST. ; D And it's the last one that makes it "last" that matters. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway. I can totally relate to your post.