Friday, February 18, 2011

Heal Me Heel Me!!

Okay, prepost- I just HAVE to tell you I'm a little euphoric right now. Will called and asked what I was doing. "Blogging". "Oh ya? About what?" *sheepish grin..."shoes". And then it happened-- he told me I should go buy some new shoes... I can't remember the last time I went and bought shoes. And by 'shoes', I mean, more than 1 pair.. because, shoe shopping is only PROPERLY done when you find so many flippin' adorable shoes that you can't just pick one pair. It's like at the petshop when you're going to pick up kitty litter-- and you end up taking ALL the puppies home! Seriously. They're all sooo cute...How do you decide?! LOL Happily, I remember doing this often. (buying multiple shoes, not the puppy thing)But lately, school got in the way of my ludicrous extravagant spending on shoes and accessories. That, and money. These days, potatoe potahtoe.

I could quickly go over the past few shoes I bought-
black CLOSE-TOED pumps. I had been looking for MONTHS for the right pair. They look more or less like this. But the ones I bought have more toe-cleavage, which makes ANY pair of shoes that much more great.

And in the fall before that, I bought my granny-shoes. Yes, they're hideous... but it was definitely an inspired purchase because they are white and runners... Which are perfect for school because I have to wear shoes just like this in the hospital when I'm doing my clinical/practicum for the rest of the school year. So they're now my 'ew, don't touch them, they probably stepped in pee today' shoes.
And Will bought shoes for me (after I picked them) similar to this a while ago:
But now it's time to covet REALLY PRETTY THINGS!! XD And since I'm always stuck behind a desk or behind a dishwasher, or washing somebody's behind... I'll window-shop instead.

I am NOT a pink-girl. But these caught my eye, and I think they're super cute for spring and Easter.

Or you can get them in silver and be all Super-star. I think I'd do the pink, although the silver make me giggle with glee a little.

Now, another colour that is so "Sparkling Summer" and clearly NOT a "True Sparkling Autumn" is purple. So I will probably NEVER wear purple shoes. But I salivate at shoes with bows on the toes. (totally started singing "with rings on her fingers and bells on her toes and a bone in her nose, hoe hoe"... sad moment of geek-dom right there) So although these are purple, they fit my 'covet' list because they're pumps and they have the bow. Two against one....I win. Worse comes to worse, I have to go CLOTHES shopping to find an outfit to match them. oh darn, right?!
And.. green pumps. Yah. First off, red-heads and green-- FANTASTIC!!! Secondly, brightly-coloured shoes make me really happy. And thirdly, St. Patrick's day is soooo underrated. (ha. If I can get away with buying shoes for a very pointless holiday, I'm totally going to milk it!) I can't decide if I like the first or second pair better-- they both have qualities. I'm a bit more partial to the light-green ones.. it's like you're wearing a plastic alligator with the scalloped edges and I LOVE that, but something about the darker pair's colour won't let me put them back.

And I think these could be TOTALLY ADORABLE with a little sundress in the late spring/summer. I imagine picnics and walks through the park in these. I might even buy a big lollipop just to finish the look. I am a little over-obsessed with owning a pair of animal-print shoes. They have to be super cute and not "Out of Africa"esque. And no, I would NEVER be seen wearing them with anything khaki or green-- a la "zoo keeper". I can't decide on Zebra or Leopard, though. SO maybe a pair of both!? :) These two pairs look so soft, I kinda want to pet them!And, not news to the few of you who know me personally, I have short, stubby legs. And LOVE wearing pumps. So, I am all about making my legs look longer. Of course, losing weight always helps (ahem), but I don't have time for that right now so I'll take the easy way out and buy beige/skin-coloured shoes. :)

Like these. The patent look isn't really up my alley, but it'll do, since most of the other tan-coloured shoes looked ridiculous and I would NEVER wear them. But Steve Madden? Yah, I'd ALWAYS wear those!

So, here's a few yummy morsels to tickle your tongue with! I know, right?! So many shoes, how do I choose?!

6 comments:

Aleesa said...

So now I know what kind of nutjob buys these crazy heels. :)

Debbi said...

Haha. You know it, Aleesa! !!

kare said...

The dark green ones - you love them because of the intense colour, and the fierce heel. Just sayin'. The lighter green is more in your comfort zone, but the darker green? Presence.

Pink, for sure. Silver is super-cute, too, but that pink = awesome.

And zebra. By a landslide. The black and white "pops" way more than the beige and brown. And the overall shape of the shoe is better, too. Also, the zebra shoes = hotter, and much less "expected". The leopard ones have that great chain detail, but they don't have the "oomph" of the zebra shoes.

:D

Debbi said...

Oh Kare. .
You always come high for me in my dire times of need!!! Lol

Xoxoxoxo.

Debbi said...

*through for me. Stupid phone.

kare said...

LOL! Oh My. That's quite the autocorrect. :D